Senior Finance Clerk
Job LocationGiftland Mall, Lot 1 Plantation Pattensen E.C.D
Basic Function: The fixed asset accountant position is accountable for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- At least five (5) subjects CXC, inclusive of Grades 1 to 3 in Mathematics, English and Accounts.
- Certificate in Accounting/Finance would be an asset
Experience using an integrated accounting software is considered an asset
Experience in the retail industry not necessary but would be an asset
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recordation of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Assign tag numbers to fixed assets
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Calculate asset retirement obligations for those fixed assets to which are applicable
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets.
- Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets.
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of.
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries
- Prepare property tax returns wear and tear schedules.
- Represent the company during any audits that involve fixed assets.
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations
The Human Resources Supervisor
Plantation Pattensen, Turkeyen, Georgetown.
Application deadline: December 7, 2019
Only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY