Job LocationTurkeyen, Georgetown
The Maintenance Technician will be repsonsible for leading the site Maintenance team in providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on the facilities infrastructure and operational equipment. This individual must a self-starter, motivated with the ability to mobilize a team in a short span of time to address critical issues that may pose a threat to the business. The incumbent will report to the Properties Manager.
- Diploma in any of the related Disciplines of Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Technical Certification from the Guyana Technical Institute
- Project Management experience would be an asset
- Ability to respond to emergencies on a 24/7 basis
- Highly energetic, focused and Target driven; capable of achieving targets within a stipulated time
- Team Oriented; able to function effectively and efficiently in a team
- Reliability and Accountability for matters that may arise
- Provide technical expertise through performing root cause analysis, resolving problems and implementing preventative systems
- Conduct daily checks on the facilities infrastructure and operational equipment to ensure smooth operation of site
- Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximizing planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime
- Develop clear accountability for maintenance inventory combined with a strategy to create and manage the department’s Budget
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practices, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects whilst reviewing and communicating the impact on Maintenance activities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the maintenance strategy
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
- Produce written reports and make presentations as is required
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements
- Ensure that the site operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and customers
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Maintenance team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems
- Ensure an effective interface with other departmental staff is maintained
To be discussed at interview
The Human Resource Officer
Rupert Craig Highway, Turkeyen, Georgetown
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY