Job Location31 High & Hadfield Street, Georgetown
The Senior Mechanic oversees the Repairs Team and provides direct support to the Team in performing various maintenance functions, including maintenance of Electrical, Industrial and Hardware Equipment.
- Computer literate
- Five CXC/CSEC subjects, Mathematics and English Grade 1-3 included
- BSc. Mechanical Engineer/Certification in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-4 years practical experience in related (mechanical and electrical) fields based on academic qualifications
- Ability to service and repair a wide variety of electrical and mechanical equipment
- Must be fit and able body
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prepare and present reports
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written format
- Ability to consistently reach deadlines
- Ability to interact with customers and maintain good working relationship
- Achieve Monthly Department Target
- Assembling and Testing of Equipment (Engines, Generator, Water Pumps, Pressure Washer, Compactor, Circular Saw, etc.)
- Troubleshooting and Repairing of Equipment (Engines, Generator, Water Pumps, Pressure Washer, Compactor, etc.)
- Operating of Electric Forklift for Loading and Offloading of Heavy Duty Items
- Maintaining Good Housekeeping practices in work area
- Training new staff and provide leadership support
- Maintaining the highest ethical standards, open and honest communication, work with integrity and treat everyone with respect
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion
Persons interested in this position are to send application along with a cover letter no later than March 15, 2019 to:
Ms. Shanti Persaud
Silvie’s Variety Store
31 High & Hadfield Streets
Or email to email@example.com
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY