Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
The Operations Manager will play a critical role in supporting the management of the company in their day-to-day work by providing essential operations management and direction. This will range from supporting and managing the company’s in-house and external processes, liaising with clients and ensuring a high-quality service; and supporting the management team in the smooth operations of the company.
The Operations Manager Develop strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, increase profitability, create store policies and marketing programs that will increase sales and grow the existing customer base. Maintain high store standards and conditions and foster a positive environment. While ensuring that customer needs are met, complaints are resolved and service is quick and efficient.
- Accounting and Finance
- Strategic Planning
- Management Proficiency
- Client Relationships
- Sales Experience
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Retail Management
- Ability to Motivate Others
- Customer Focus
- Quick Learner
- Multi-Task Skills
- Market Knowledge
- Results Driven
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree/Diploma in Business Management/Marketing or equivalent qualifications/ experience
- Five (5) years sales experience of which three (3) should be at a senior level.
- Be self-motivated; possess customer service, leadership, decision making, multitasking, budgeting & time management skills.
- Must be matured and vibrant with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with a large retail supermarket, working with 25 or more employees
Key Functions and Work Responsibilities:
- Complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Maintain store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees
- Maintain store staff job results by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results
- Prepare annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiate corrective actions
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Ensure availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories
- Formulate pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends
- Market merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios
- Secure merchandise by implementing security systems and measures
- Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
- Determine marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Maintain operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies and procedures
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain inventory by implementing purchasing plans and staying in contact with vendors and shippers
- Develop activities and promotions throughout the year strategically designed to bring in more revenue
- Provide training to improve the knowledge base of the staff and utilize cross-training methods to maintain productivity when employees are absent
- Work with vendors and manufacturers to bring in effective marketing displays for the sales floor and store windows
- Manage all controllable costs to keep operations profitable
- Manage stock levels and make key decisions about stock control
- Analyze sales figures and forecast future sales
- Analyze and interpret trends to facilitate planning
- Deal with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organizing training and development
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Organize special promotions, displays and events
- Update colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
- Tour the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers to identify or resolve urgent issues
- Maintain awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing
- Initiate changes to improve the business, e.g. revising opening hours to ensure the store can compete effectively in the local market
- Promote the organization locally by liaising with local schools, newspapers and the community in general
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY