NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB
The weather monitor will be responsible to;
Provide detailed weather support for 24/7 client operations. Integrate all weather environmental data from a variety of sources to assess current and forecasted weather systems to issue alerts. Perform quick-look and forensic assessments to determine the potential for weather impacts to operations. Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the process does not impact operations.
The post requires flexible professionals who are attentive to details and is able to pass on this information effectively through oral or written communication.
5 Days per week, Rotational Shifts
- 2+ years of related work experience.
- 5 successful passes or more at CSEC or equivalent. Diploma in a related field preferred.
- Previous experience in map reading
- Meteorological background would be an asset, however not mandatory.
- Must possess at minimum a typing speed of 25 WPM with average accuracy of 95%.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Customer contact – phone and email experience
- High levels of attention to detail with an emphasis on fast and accurate assessments of weather systems
- A strong work ethic
- Outstanding people skills
- Protect company and customer information in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Monitor web base and weather stations to identify threating weather systems and send alerts to operations fleet.
- Monitor main interstates used by operations fleet to identify threats to operations such as road conditions, temperature and wind speed, etc.
- Provides hourly and daily reports of environmental conditions and possible impact to the fleet.
- Review maps at the country and state level to identify threats
- Develops a thorough understanding of systems and procedures. Assists with scheduling resources and work assignments for uninterrupted workflow operations and prioritization of jobs.
- Performs work assignments that are basic and routine. Occasionally assists in orienting, training and checking the work of new team members. Handles moderately complex issues and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Generates reports, data, and information for use by Administrator.
- Communicates with management any client problems needing corrective action on their part.
- Serves as a backup to assist non-clinical staff in the completion of their duties.
- Assists in the direction and coordination of quality control in service delivery.
- Perform other duties as assigned
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY