Job Location55 Durban Street, Georgetown, Guyana
The Job includes keeping financial records updated, preparing reports and reconciling bank statements. You will also run accounting software programs (e.g. QuickBooks) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers and receipts.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in tax, accounting, or finance/ Completed ACCA Level II
- Minimum 3- 5 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Experience with financial reporting requirement
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office Suite, databases and QuickBooks Software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
Remuneration will be discussed at interview level.
Kindly send all applications with accompanying CV and Passport size Photo to email@example.com
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY