Human Resource Representative
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
The HR Representative is responsible for providing support to employees and managers on topics including, but not limited to, hiring, relocation, benefits, career development, performance appraisals, compensation and promotions. Incumbent will be the first line of contact for management/employee queries and is expected to be well versed in HR/business issues, taking appropriate and proactive measures to regularly improve HR performance and employee motivation. This role assists the HR Manager in the design, development and implementation of various policies, programs and procedures and is responsible for administering these as directed.
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Organizational Psychology, or related HR discipline. 3.0+/4.0 GPA and related professional experience.
- Working knowledge and or training and certification in Guyana labour laws and industrial relations practices
- Strong analytical and effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong quality focus with attention to details, and ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Ability to collaborate with others in teams
- Commitment to continuous improvement and comfortable performing in an evolving work environment
- The legal right to work in Guyana, without sponsorship.
Candidate’s duties may include the following*:
- Dedicates face time to ensure employee support through interaction and feedback.
- Organizes and conducts employee information meetings on employment policy, benefits and compensation.
- Acts as first point of contact for employees regarding employee relations issues and/or concerns about motivation and job satisfaction.
- Advises and assists business/line managers on interpretation and administration of HR policies and programs.
- Supports line management on a variety of HR tools and processes (for example performance appraisal, career planning, succession planning, career orientation reviews, identification of high value employees, and recognition of performance through rewards).
- Coordinates internal and external training and recruitment activities. Screens, reviews and interviews applicants.
- Assists in organizing internal teambuilding events and external local community events.
- Complies with all applicable Schlumberger standards and policies.
- Assists with the coaching and development of new team members.
- Identifies and participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with all government employment laws and regulations as well as data privacy & protection guidelines and relevant legislation.
* Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
- Create an online profile at SLB career site à www.careers.slb.com select ‘opportunities for students and recent graduates’, then ‘commercial and business’ followed by ‘Human Resource’ and ‘apply now’
- Also send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes should be labeled with applicant’ first and last
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY