Accountant/Administrator (Ref: AA_1901-GUYANA)
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities to play a vital role with a global organisation. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply today.
Based at our facility in Guyana, the Accountant/Administrator is responsible for general accounting and administrative functions of the company, as assigned.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in accounting/financial management
- CXC: Math, English
- Diploma/Degree in Business Administration would be an asset
- Working knowledge of MS office package (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong organising and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (able to deal with both internal personnel and client issues tactfully and efficiently)
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Provide internal reports to management according to deadlines by Head Office
- Assisting Controller with all duties as required for the month/quarter/year end process
- Maintain all finance related documents (leases, licences, vendor contracts, tax report and tax- related legal documents)
- Keep track of and maintain a register of all fixed assets (purchases, transfers, depreciation, physical inventory)
- Reporting all statutory financial information to all respective government agencies
- Coordinate year end audits with external auditors
- Preparation of payroll and payroll statutory filings
- Posting and recording of financial transactions accurately and timely
- Investigate and justify balances reported in Assets/Liabilities/Equity
- Ensure the internal control policies are in compliance with BV
- Maintain employees permanent records, securely
- Coordinate the hiring and firing of employees in compliance with BV HR practices
- Reporting HR information according to deadlines by Head Office
- Other tasks as assigned or required from time to time
If you feel that you are the right person for this position please forward your application by email, quoting reference “AA_1901 – GUYANA” in the subject line to: email@example.com
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY