Group Accounting Manager
Job LocationDurban Street, Werk-en-Rust
Managing the financial and accounting functions of the company, its divisions, and its
subsidiaries to optimize business performance, achieve operational efficiency, and ensure full
compliance with local laws.
- At least 10 years experience as an Accountant
- Proficient in Quickbooks or other similar accounting software
- ACCA Certification. CPA certification can be considered also
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self motivated
- Innovative with a knack for establishing new systems or improving current ones.
- Team player
- Leadership skills
- Business acumen and interests
Duties and Responsibilities
● Establish and assist in the continued development of the accounting department by
implementing operational procedures and recruitment protocols.
● Recruit, train and supervise personnel to aid in the execution of accounting duties.
● Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to:
accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes.
● Oversee all cashiering and disbursements functions.
● Ensure all debt accounts are current.
● Create internal financial management control systems and develop procedures to
continuously improve internal control systems.
● Develop and implement adequate record keeping systems in line with best practices and
accepted accounting standards.
● Perform periodic audits to judge the health and integrity of accounting systems.
● Collaborate with management on allocation of capital and budget creation.
● Prepare and analyze financial reports and offer guidance to management on budgetary
● Supervise and/or manage general ledger accounting functions.
● Conduct scheduled cash flow projections.
● Perform and present on variance analysis to management.
● Provide guidance to management on improving profitability.
● Coordinate ERP system conversions and migrations.
● Aid in the viability assessment of various projects as requested.
● Identify areas for improvement and implement corrective measures when necessary.
● Liaison with external auditors to aid in the timely preparation of quarterly and annual
reports and filing of tax returns.
● Ensuring compliance at all times with local tax and reporting regulations.
● Assist in the forging of strategic relationships with outside parties such as banks,
customers, suppliers and government departments to advance the interests of the
● Attending and participating in training sessions, seminars, workshops etc. pertaining to
the financial industry and local rules and regulations of GRA, NIS, etc.
● Contributing to other tasks that would enhance the efficiency of the company as
Will be discussed during the interview.
Please do NOT apply if you do not have the desired skills and qualifications.
Email your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY