Learning and Development Manager
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
CLIENT: Our client is a large international retailing group that operates several chains of retail brands in the consumer durables sector, specializing in furniture, appliances, and electronics. The firm is a regional leader and operates over 830 stores in 19 countries across Central America, the Caribbean, South America, and the United States and currently has over one million active customers. The company employs over 3,000 associates and has a first class management team.
Manages and leads with respect to some key training and development functions in alignment with the needs of the business and the needs and interests of our employees. In addition, supports all human resource management strategic initiatives to ensure high employee engagement & satisfaction and the establishment of a learning and growth environment.
Essentially, the Training & Development Manager makes sure employees gain and develop the skills they need to carry out their jobs effectively. This involves designing, coordinating and sometimes delivering training to meet both the organisation's current and future needs.
Maintains and enhances the organization's learning management systems by evaluating key elements periodically; planning for and implementing changes as is necessary with respect to tools, policies, programmes, and practices.
Also, carries out functions in a manner to ensure that the Human Resources Department contributes to the Company’s overall performance.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Training & Development practitioner in a related environment
- Experience in training techniques
- Knowledge of training assessment techniques
- Ability to train and develop others
- Ability to develop training materials
- Excellent coaching skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good report writing skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Degree in Human Resources, Management, Business Administration, Management Studies or related discipline
- Able to influence and relate to different personalities
- Tactful and Discreet
- Detailed - Good Time keeping and maintenance of attendance records at sessions
- Critical Thinker & Problem Solver
- Change Agent
Training Needs Identification
- Confer with management, review results of performance appraisals and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on immediate needs, future needs and other factors.
- Request and analyse all internal & external customer surveys and reports (to include Sales Reports) to determine training needs. For example assess customer surveys with respect to service provided by our Drivers doing Deliveries and use information to improve Training Programmes for our Drivers.
training plan & financial budget
- Prepare an annual training and development plan to reflect the training needs identified.
- Review plan quarterly and roll out the programmes agreed.
- Develop Orientation Programme for permanent and temporary employees and ensures that all employees are oriented within the first six (6) weeks of dates of employment
- Establish a creative approach to orienting individuals until a group has been established.
files & reports
- Establish and maintain a Course Library for all UIL courses to include Name of Course, Target Audience, Type of Delivery, High Level Process and other relevant information.
- Ensure that files are established and maintained to reflect individuals who have already attended specific training programmes.
- Ensure that files are established and maintained to reflect evaluation reports for the various programmes.
- Establish and maintain an archive system for previous programmes.
development of training materials and evaluation
- Analyse training needs in order to develop new training programmes or modify and improve existing programmes.
- Evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement.
- Deliver training programmes according to specialized knowledge.
- Assess training delivery of direct reports, provide feedback and ensure the recommended changes are made accordingly.
- Train trainers for key courses to assist in delivery of programmes.
- Train subject matter experts in techniques and skills to facilitate their effective delivery of programmes.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external training & development providers to ensure that all training and development needs are being met.
- Provide support for the preparation of HR Strategic Plan and budget.
- Support the company’s efforts to promote itself as a good corporate citizen.
- Coach individuals with respect to the various functions assigned and provide on-going teaching/learning opportunities with an aim to improve individual, departmental and company performance.
- Appraise individuals on a quarterly basis and facilitate career development discussions annually.
- Monitors budget to ensure no negative variances unless there is special approval.
Excellent remuneration package and benefits
Please send your resume to email@example.com quoting "Learning and Development Manager" in the subject line
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY