Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
We are seeking to hire an experienced qualified plumber to join our team. You will be required to work as part of a two or three-man team on new installation project as well as servicing and repair of existing domestic and industrial plumbing works. You will be required to mainly work in the Georgetown area, however, work in outstation areas may be required from time to time.
Education, Training, & Certification
- Completion of a plumbing apprenticeship / or
- Completion of a plumbing course at a technical or trade school
- Licensed Qualified plumber by a recognized technical/government Institute
- Minimum of 5 years of plumbing experience
- Valid driver's license
- Living in Georgetown
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, climb, squat, reach, and kneel
- Comfortable reading and understanding e-plumbing blueprints, schematics, and diagrams
- Working knowledge of electrical theory, and the associated principles, materials, and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to operate hand and power tools associated with plumbing work
- Willing to work overtime
Skills & Competencies
- Good working knowledge of all types of plumbing systems
- Good clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Up to date knowledge of current codes and standards
- Ability to read drawings and wiring designs and layouts
- Ability to follow and comply with verbal and written instructions
- Have a good standard of mathematical calculations
- Be able to diagnose and problems solve and troubleshoot and repair a plumbing system
- Courteous and polite a must
- Have a smart and professional appearance
- Highest possible standard to detail and quality
- Able to think on your feet
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work with a flexible schedule
- Good computer skill, MS Office and App programs on handheld tablets
- High standard of Health and Safety as well as the ability to work to the highest possible standards
- Work to the highest possible standards and in accordance with all current plumbing codes and standards
- Assemble, install, maintain and pressure test all pipes, fittings and fixtures for hot and cold-water systems.
- Assemble, install, maintain, and pressure test gas systems in accordance with codes and standards
- Install and repair pipes, fixtures and fittings included valve systems
- Visually inspect equipment and operate test equipment such as pressure and vacuum gauges to determine the cause and location of trouble
- Able to clear blocked drains, pipes, sinks and toilets
- Troubleshoot problems and decide how to fix them
- Able to keep the worksite clean and safe at all times
- Assist with other trades when required
- Able to test, service and repair Air Conditioning systems
The successful candidate will be required to travel to different work sites each day (could be a number of worksites), performing their works into commercial, government and residential properties safety and by following all company standards and protocols.
- Will wear and use correctly all PPE supplied by the company
- Able to use hand and power tools correctly and safely
- Ensure you are only working in a safe work environment
- Able to follow all safety procedure of the company and the clients
- Understands and will adhere to all working at height regulation
- Ensure that you keep the work site and a clean and safe condition and will clear the site after work is complete.
To apply, please send a copy of your up to date CV along with copies of all your valid qualification certificates along with a cover letter detailing why you should be accepted for this position. CV’s to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY