Logistics Specialist - Domestic
Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
A major international Oil & Gas service company are seeking a Logistics Specialist to be responsible for managing domestic movement of assets, products, and materials upon the request of the Operational Planning (OP) Resource Coordinator(s) in Georgetown, Guyana.
Other key elements to the rol will be to plan and allocate internal or third-party resources to execute the shipment plans and optimize equipment utilization, select the most cost effective routings, comply with the selection of preferred contracted carriers or internal fleet, and secure delivery as per the established service level.
Education: Bachelor Degree in related fields of Supply Chain or Business Administration (or comparable degree) or requisite work experience.
• Ability to think strategically, analyze large amount of data and information objectively, and make quick decisions.
• Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Power Point
• Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaborative skills
• Understanding of general logistics processes / local logistics rules and regulations
• Working style / other skillsets:
- Work independently
- Prepare and maintain routine records
- Work under pressure
- Maintain good working relationships with supervisors and peers
- Collaborate with various teams and organizations
• Commitment to service quality and process improvement
• Validate all transport requests and required delivery dates for a defined geographic region or lane(s) to achieve on-time delivery.
• Prepare equipment load plans as per Planning Standard Operating Procedures in order to maximize rental and call-out equipment utilization.
• Leverage domestic planning and rate checker tool(s) in order to achieve competitive costs by applying preferred rates.
• Plan effective truck routings, leverage consolidation, and maximize backload opportunities to drive down costs.
• Issue work orders prior to each move with associated cost approvals.
• Ensure compliance with Land Transport Contractor Guidelines, HSE policies, local regulations, and dangerous goods requirements in the GeoMarket.
• Identify domestic logistics network improvement projects or opportunities.
Salary negotiable based on experience.
Please apply below or send an up to date resume to email@example.com for more details.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY