Job LocationNew Market Street, Georgetown, Guyana
CCA Guyana Inc. is a dynamic freight forwarding company concentrated on movement of general cargo by air and ocean for import, export and transshipment. We adhere to our values of, Integrity, Reliability and Efficiency.
The Accountant will be responsible for forecasting, analyzing, reporting, and supporting the performance of the company. They will direct the financial operations and maintain responsibility for numerous regulatory and corporate functions.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required:
- At least completion of ACCA level two or pursuing final qualification exams, or equivalent University qualifications.
- Minimum of five (5) years of finance, accounting or auditing experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of people management experience leading a team.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of relevant tax laws and policies (Income and VAT).
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial statement analysis, income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Advanced MS Office experience and proficiency.
- Experience in Magaya Cargo System would be an asset (Training will be provided if necessary).
- Strong interpersonal, communication (both oral and written) and influencing skills to manage business partners as well as develop relationships to enhance the role’s effectiveness.
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task environment; ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent customer focus and the ability to partner with internal customers.
- Effective time management skills.
- Unquestioned integrity and highest ethical standards.
- Energetic, high capacity for hard work and able to manage tight and business-critical deadlines.
Key Functions / Responsibilities:
- Lead all aspects of the Finance function, including general ledger maintenance and reporting.
- Assist the Operations Manager with the preparation of analyses and presentations for the Executive Team financial performance, business opportunities and risks, as well as critical insights into medium to long-term strategic decisions.
- Ensure the timely posting of all general ledger entries, preparation of monthly reconciliations and performance reports.
- Assist with the review and filing of taxes, fees and other returns and related payments to meet statutory deadlines at the necessary agencies.
- Provide technical assistance and supervision of the Accounting Personnel to ensure that all deliverables are met.
- Assist with the preparation of the financial statements and related schedules to support the annual audit process.
- Provide oversight of the Guyana finance operations to ensure that all Group policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Monthly Preparation and Filing of VAT Returns.
- Managing and maintaining Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts - Conducting forecasting and risk analysis assessments.
- Review and maintain all Financial Statements.
- Preparation of Payroll and payment via ACH (Automated Clearing House) including calculating NIS & PAYE schedules.
- Booking of all journals for payroll.
- Preparation of Audit file.
- Budgeting – Analyze the workforce to see where improvements will result in savings, offering guidance on cost reduction, revenue enhancement, and profit maximization with management.
- Review all payment vouchers prepared by Senior Accounts Clerk.
- Agent Reconciliation and review all Payments to Agents.
- Reconcile any financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Any other related duties.
Should you meet the requirements and skill competencies listed above, please forward your application and detailed resume to email@example.com or 210 New Market Street, Georgetown Guyana no later than July 10, 2020 with the subject “Application for Accountant ”.
Kindly note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY