Job LocationGiftland OfficeMax
The Treasurer is responsible for collecting cash and balancing Cashiers at the end of each day. The Treasurer must be confidential and professional at all times and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Collect all monies from sales and receivables on a daily basis.
- Write receipts for receivables on a daily basis.
- Balance all registers on a daily basis.
- Prepare deposits on a daily basis.
- Responsible for change from the Bank on a daily basis.
- Filing receivables bills on a daily basis.
- Pull bills for receivables paid on a daily basis.
- Any other task assigned from time to time.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Must be flexible working a shift system, (1:30pm - 10:30pm)
- Extensive knowledge of balancing Cashiers.
- Strong Problem Solving Skills.
- Ability to work independently and without constant supervision.
- Organizational and Time Management Skills.
- Good Oral & Written Communication.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience as a Cashier and at least one (1) year in the accounting field in a finance department.
- Experience in the retail industry not necessary, but would be an asset.
- Experience using an integrated software is considered an asset.
- Five (5) subjects CXC, inclusive of Grades 1 to 3 in Maths, English and Accounts.
- Certificate in Accounting or Finance would be considered an asset.
The Human Resources Manager
Plantation Pattensen, Turkeyen, Georgetown.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY
Giftland OfficeMax is the leading Department Store in Guyana with over fifteen individual Departments. Our daily operation is represented by over 190 employees. Giftland is committed to excellence through providing exceptional customer service, competitive prices and a wide variety of quality products. In 2015, Giftland opened a Mall which features over 140 different concessions including the largest Sports, Electronics, Stationery & Office Supplies stores in Guyana and the Caribbean. There are 8 Multiplex Theatre, Video Arcades, Beauty Salons, Health & Nutrition Stores, Barber Shops, a Jewelry Store, ATMs and many more amenities.