University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Division & Project Overview:
The URC Quality & Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC which serves as an organizing force to bring together best practices, staff experience, partnerships, and documentation on improving health care at URC. QPI leads URC’s initiatives to improve health delivery and develop country capacity to strengthen health and human service delivery systems.
QPI’s work focuses on strengthening health systems to develop the capacity to continuously improve and achieve better outcomes. Through QPI, URC has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981, in addition to our work in the following areas: community health; gender integration; health workforce development; HIV; knowledge management; maternal, newborn and child health/family planning; nutrition; research and evaluation; and vulnerable children and families.
In collaboration with the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) and the Government of Guyana’s Ministry of Public Health, URC will be implementing the technical assistance to Support to Improve Maternal and Child Health Program in Guyana to contribute to the reduction of maternal, perinatal, and neonatal deaths. The program includes interventions aimed at: (1) increasing access and use of reproductive, maternal, and neonatal health services, in rural interior areas where the coverage of key interventions is relatively low; (2) improving the quality of reproductive, maternal and neonatal health services; and (3) increase the effectiveness of the maternal and neonatal healthcare network.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelors in Public Health, Health Communications, Promotion, or related field with 3-5 years of experience. Or a Masters degree in Public Health, Health Communication, or related field with 2 – 4 years of experience.
- Three years of experience in administration and financial management of donor-funded projects, including technical experience;
- Knowledge of accounting;
- Excellent financial management;
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Guyana for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Project Coordinator will provide support to the project team on all logistics, technical, finance and administrative related work. They will ensure compliance with IDB and URC regulations regarding accounting, auditing and financial management requirements. They will also monitor the activity’s budget and will be responsible for human resource and administrative functions within the office.
- Ensure the production of the financial reports such as the field reports, timesheets, expenditures reports and travel expense statements for staff and consultants;
- Monitor the Activity’s budget as well as help with the establishment and running of an accounting system;
- Ensure the accurate and timely submission of monthly projection to HQ as well as the timely submission of all financial reports and billings including the financial field report (Activity must adhere to IDB and URC regulations);
- Track expenses against budget and ensure expenses are in line with planned activities;
- Assist with the development of financial policies including travel and per diem, procurement and commodity management policies that comply with URC and Government regulations;
- Posting financial transactions in Quick Books financial reporting package & updating the system daily and ensuring proper and accurate coding of financial transactions.
- Ensure preparation of quarterly and annually VAT report and submit to proper authorities;
- Ensure that the office is organized (e.g., clean office environment, respond to all business inquiries, handle procurement of goods and services);
- Provide input on technical reports
- Manage travel processes and procedures that adhere to the overall IDB and URC travel policy;
- Coordinate all travel, including ensuring proper authorization, bookings, car log and driver logs;
- Maintain a proper log of all incoming and outgoing correspondence as well as a central filing system that includes reports, correspondence, and contracts;
- Travel to assist with technical activities and logistics for field activities;
- Any other related duties and relevant tasks assigned by supervisor/Team Leader.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY