Job LocationLot 2442 Track A Providence East Bank Demerara
Perform clerical and administrative tasks to ensure the smooth and effective functioning of the office.
- dealing with telephone and email enquiries;
- creating and maintaining filing systems;
- scheduling and attending meetings, creating agendas and taking minutes keeping diaries and arranging appointments;
- using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and to maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases;
- booking rooms and conference facilities;
- liaising with staff in other departments and with external contacts;
- liaising with colleagues and external contacts to book travel and accommodation;
- organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information;
- photocopying and printing various documents
- arranging in-house and external events.
You will need to have:
- strong organisational skills;
- presentation skills and attention to detail;
- the ability to plan your own work, work on your own initiative and meet deadlines;
- the ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands and prioritise tasks and workload;
- oral and written communication skills;
- tact, discretion and respect for confidentiality;
- a pleasant, confident telephone manner;
- reliability and honesty;
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Time management
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Minimum of a diploma in Secretarial Studies, communication. management, administration or a related field
- At least five (5) years working experience in the same or similar field
To be discussed at interview
Human Resource Department
(Application for post of Secretary)
Texila American University
Lot 2442 Track A Providence,
East Bank Demerara
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY
Texila American University (TAU) , one of the best Caribbean Medical Schools is located in Guyana, the only English-speaking country in South America. TAU offers several Health Science programs with a high level of professionalism, exactness and problem solving skills. The University is committed to providing the best-in-class programs that facilitate further education and knowledge throughout their life.