Job LocationGeorgetown, Guyana
The Accounting Clerk will be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of accounting records for the purpose of general accounting, while maintaining accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations
- Reconciles daily physical sales with supporting sales documents and ensures daily revenue is accurately posted.
- Posts all credit receipts to respective customer accounts.
- Verifies daily cashier’s deposits and prepare daily cashier report.
- Prepares and processes all relevant payment vouchers, cheques and invoices inclusive of intercompany and foreign payables.
- Reconciles local and foreign supplier statements.
- Administers the petty cash float in accordance with Company policy and procedures.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations.
- Executes monthly stock taking and prepares stock count sheets.
- Prepares and submits monthly statutory returns.
- Prepares and processes timesheets and related payroll documents for submission to the Payroll provider in compliance with the Company’s Payroll Policies and Procedures and distributes pay slips to employees.
- Collects and updates fixed asset register on a monthly basis.
- Prepares monthly reconciliations and adjusts standard journals where necessary.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly management accounts and prepares supporting schedules.
- Prepares monthly Audit schedules for year-end audit.
- Performs other related functions as necessary.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Computer literate with working knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications & Accounting Software.
- Knowledge of Oracle e-Business suite will be an asset.
- Must possess at least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Certified Accounting Technicians’ (CAT) Certification or started ACCA Level 2 qualifications.
- A minimum of 5 CXC O’levels including Maths and English
Excellent renumeration package plus benefits and Pension Plan
Please send your resume to email@example.com quoting "Accounting Clerk" in the subject line of the email
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY
International Recruiters is a boutique search and talent acquisition firm with its head-office in Georgetown, Guyana. The company is focused on direct recruiting at all levels across all business sectors. Our services include: Executive Search, Confidential Search, Direct Sourcing, Permanent Placement, Customized and unbundled recruitment services, Training and Development in Recruiting Best Practises, Resume development and writing.