Job LocationLe Ressouvenir, East Coast Demerara
The Medical Technologist responsibilities include:
- Perform diagnostic analysis on patient samples to produce quality, accurate and timely results which will aid the physician in the correct diagnosis and treatment of the patient.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instructions within the laboratory according to manufacturer instructions.
To comply with the Laboratory’s Quality Management and Safety System.
To inform patients of any pre- testing requirements.
To perform sample collection.
To perform diagnostic analysis on patients’ blood and urine samples.
Responsible for evaluation of test results.
To ensure all results are correctly entered in log book and reporting forms.
To ensure that all results are signed off in Log Books and Reporting forms and dispatched.
Operates and maintains equipment and instructions within the laboratory according to manufacturer instructions. This includes processing/ running of laboratory analysis, calibration, quality control, preventive maintenance, basic troubleshooting procedures, etc.
To aid in the preparation of laboratory reagents.
To prepare monthly statistics form.
To ensure that working stations are clean and tidy.
To ensure adequate decontamination of biohazardous materials and waste.
To ensure that there is always working materials, reagents, tests kits and disposables in the department during and after every shift.
To keep track of departmental stock.
- Bachelors in Science Degree in Medical Technology.
- At least 6 months experience in the same field.
- Experience in Quality Assurance will be an asset.
To be discussed at interview
Email at email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY
Demerara Paradise Inc is a premier 24 Hour Medical Clinic and Nursing Home with a Mission to provide High-quality care and service for our patients. Services Provided are: Clinical Care Resident Care Home Care Dietary Clinic 24 Hour Emergency Care