Job LocationJava Coffee Bar (80 Duncan Street, Newtown, Kitty, Georgetown)
- Prepare designated pastry items according to established recipes
- Review production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily baking activities
- Receive ingredients and other supplies from main kitchen and/or pantry as required for daily operations.
- Form pastries into uniform portions with knife or divider, mixes cake batter, sheets pastry dough using appropriate equipment and places in pans; proofs dough and bakes in oven; inspects product for quality during and after baking and adjusts processes as required
- Portion according to specifications all dessert items
- Prepare all confectionery work per recipes
- Clean and maintain work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Attend to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies; detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions
- Complete production sheets and other records as required
- May be required to prepare baked goods for special diets
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Provide training and coaching for staff as needed
- At Least 2 Years’ Experience in a Similar Capacity
- Baking and Pastry Degree Preferred
- Valid Food Handlers Certificate
Mondays - Saturdays
7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Java Coffee Bar & Bistro
80 Duncan Street,
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY
A modern interpretation of the classical offerings of laid back funky coffee shops. We cater for every pallet with our icy shakes to our crafted espresso drinks and artisan teas, featuring award winning products known in coffee houses worldwide. Our food is a spectacular fusion of Caribbean, Italian and American cuisines. Our pastries and desserts are also worth a visit!