Human Resources Clerk
Job LocationGiftland OfficeMax
The Human Resources Clerk contributes to the accomplishment of human resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Provide administrative support, assist with the recruitment process, personnel administration, compensation and benefits management, training and development, performance management and communications related to each assigned function.
- Supervise the roles and functions of all junior HR staff and assist with departmental research.
- Perform personnel work to include the preparation of service contracts and their timely renewal, the identification of entitlements and their processing as well as the maintenance of all personnel files, records and filing;
- Prepare documentation for the interview panel for final recruitment of middle management and senior staff; Assist in providing guidance to staff on personnel related issues, rules and procedures.
- Draft documents and reports using word processing equipment, and maintain records of attendance, leave and compensatory time off.
- Perform data entry and update research data, history of records, reports and various statistics.
- Maintain source materials in personnel records and/or related files, process applications for middle management and senior staff.
- Assist in developing surveys and statistical analysis, comprehensive workshop materials, presenting training sessions, and providing search/benefit orientations or other human resource programs.
- Interact with employees by responding to both routine and complex benefit/payroll/human resource questions, and if necessary, intervene to resolve problems/issues.
- Coordinate advertising and search processes, advise on personnel procedures, handle benefit, and maintain related materials.
- Participate in special recruitment and human resource outreach activities, such as job fairs.
- Update employee records accurately such as Tin, NIS, Bank Acc info etc. into People Pay Software.
- Maintain & update accurate records in People Pay Software.
- Posting of Overtime and any other benefits for Monthly Payroll.
- Ensuring that all staff no longer with the company are archived from People Pay.
- Conduct senior and junior reference checks.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Key Skills and Experience:
- At least two years’ experience in a similar field.
- Ability to deal effectively with staff members.
- Knowledge of HR procedures as applicable to area of responsibility.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Computer skills as required by department
- Diploma in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Management, Personnel Administration or related field.
- HR Certification required for this level.
The Human Resources Manager
Plantation Pattensen, Turkeyen,
Only shortlisted persons will be contacted
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY
Giftland OfficeMax is the leading Department Store in Guyana with over fifteen individual Departments. Our daily operation is represented by over 190 employees. Giftland is committed to excellence through providing exceptional customer service, competitive prices and a wide variety of quality products. In 2015, Giftland opened a Mall which features over 140 different concessions including the largest Sports, Electronics, Stationery & Office Supplies stores in Guyana and the Caribbean. There are 8 Multiplex Theatre, Video Arcades, Beauty Salons, Health & Nutrition Stores, Barber Shops, a Jewelry Store, ATMs and many more amenities.