Barista (A person who serves in a coffee bar)
Job Location80 Duncan Street, Newtown, Georgetown / Giftland Mall, Plantation Pattersen
We are looking for Barista's to join our small but very friendly and outgoing team specializing in high quality coffee, homemade cakes and pastries etc.
- Having at least 1 year’s experience serving high quality coffee in a similar environment.
- Knowledge of Espresso Machines and Drinks
- Having a passion for food and coffee.
- Able to communicate clearly with a variety of people at all levels and build a rapport with our regular and new customers.
- Being capable of working under pressure with a calm approach.
- Having an excellent command of English.
- Being punctual, reliable and motivated.
- Being flexible and able to work weekends and evenings
- Being able to do other duties within the shop including (food prep, cleaning, cashier, opening and closing checks and ordering stock)
- Food handler's certificate
- All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the Guyana
- As part of the recruitment process, candidate who are non-residents will be required to provide copies of the passport, visa details and work permit if necessary.
- Competitive rates of pay for the right person depending on age and experience.
- Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are only able to get back to candidates that have been successful for interview.
- Only serious applicants should apply by sending your CV, a covering letter and a recent photo attachment.
The barista is responsible for serving all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. He/she is also responsible for educating customers about our premium coffees and teas. The barista fulfills any other duties the store manager, assistant manager or shift supervisor assigns and represents Java Coffee Bar in a professional manner.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational methods.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
Applicants must be willing to work flexible working hours, On the Job Training
$60,000 - $65,000 – Probation Salary (3-6 Months Depends on how fast you can learn)
$75,000 - $85,000 – When Confirmed (After you have been trained by us and ready to become a barista)
Also earn tips and performance incentives!
80 Duncan St,
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY