Job LocationGiftland Mall
Electrical Engineer responsibilities will include designing, developing, managing and maintaining electrical control systems, machinery and equipment.
- Responsible for Supporting the Engineering, Maintenance, and Operations of the organizations facilities.
- Hone personal skills and mentor / train teams (Engineering, Maintenance, and Operational) on new techniques, etc.
- Key advocate for engineering innovation at mall site.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of the site's safety performance by supporting site programs and initiatives.
- Enable continuous improvement of the site's power generation performances Support environmental sustainability goal achievement.
- Proactively identify plant utility system problems by using plant, company, and external resources.
- Lead cost savings initiatives across the site and help to reduce plant spending.
- Provides solid input and insight to the team on business and engineering needs and proposals.
- Support and drive regulatory compliance.
- Manage projects in accordance with MCG Project Management Standards to achieve required results, timing, and budgetary targets.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines & Solid analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Electrical Power System Maintenance
- Familiarity with utility systems such as Steam Boilers and Air Compressors.
- Experience with control valves, actuators and positioners and all field instrumentation.
- Selecting instrumentation based on application.
- Processing and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) & Process Flow Diagrams (PFD).
- Developing control panels which house PLC/DCS systems
- Developing/designing Control System Architectures.
- Developing sequence of operations and test procedures.
- System migration from different control platforms.
- PLC Controls Experience, such as AB, Control Logic, PLC5, SLC500
- HMI Development Experience, SCADA and Ethernet.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Installation Certificate or License
Experience: At least five (5) years’ experience in a similar position.
Background in Power generation and plant operation. Familiar with AutoCAD and SAP, management experience. Experience with all classes or electrical machines and Electrical system design. Knowledge in Power generation systems and applied technologies
- OSHA Training
- Power Generation and Distribution Training
- Problem solving, data collection, and analysis skills preferred.
- Ability to effectively document and communicate technical information
- Utilization of Engineering Standards
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Power System Analysis
- Electrical protections
- High level of initiative and ability to drive results.
The Human Resources Supervisor
Plantation Pattensen, Turkeyen,Georgetown.
Only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
You may alternatively apply for this job online with your SkilledGuyanese profile.
Your application will be emailed to the employer immediately.
Then, the employer will be able to view your application on our website.
A JOB BY
Giftland OfficeMax is the leading Department Store in Guyana with over fifteen individual Departments. Our daily operation is represented by over 190 employees. Giftland is committed to excellence through providing exceptional customer service, competitive prices and a wide variety of quality products. In 2015, Giftland opened a Mall which features over 140 different concessions including the largest Sports, Electronics, Stationery & Office Supplies stores in Guyana and the Caribbean. There are 8 Multiplex Theatre, Video Arcades, Beauty Salons, Health & Nutrition Stores, Barber Shops, a Jewelry Store, ATMs and many more amenities.